Skadden is seeking a Client Accounting Supervisor who will supervise the daily activity of department personnel and ensure operating needs are met. Provide problem solving assistance and participate in large department projects. Provide suggestions and alternatives in order to improve the entire client accounting process.
- Ensures billing staff follows through with assigned Engagement Partners to complete all billing actions.
- Conducts monthly review of partner investment reports.
- Communicates with internal and external clients in a manner that is professional, knowledgeable and reflective of the Firm's strategy with respect to billing outstanding amounts.
- Develops strong working relationships with others in the department in order to maximize collection processes.
- Coordinates and oversees department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection and training process.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Effectively utilizes the Firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Prepares performance evaluations and recommends salary increases.
- Initiates disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
- Recommends and participates in disciplinary procedures.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Recommends and implements changes and improvements in methods and procedures to higher level management.
- Monitors time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with firm policies.
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for staff.
- Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
- Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Client Accounting best practices, trends and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to effectively supervise others
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team and acts as a role model for Client Accounting employees
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years client accounting (billing) and/or related financial experience in a law firm or professional services firm environment to include experience with Aderant or similar accounting software applications
- Minimum of two years of supervisory or leadership experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.