Skadden is looking for a Client Events Assistant. This position will assists with the coordination of client and alumni events and educational programs. Additionally, this position is:
- Provides support to alumni program.
- Handles registration, provides regular RSVP updates, answers questions, prepares materials, coordinates CLE credit, provides support for post-program tasks, etc.
- Serves as primary point of contact for registration/check-in desk at in-person functions.
- Oversees posting of content, administering CLE and responding to emails and questions pertaining to the Alumni CLE Library.
- Assists with attorney external speaking engagements and with the Firm's presence at charitable events. Responds to emails and questions, sets up and coordinates registration, etc.
- Contributes to event tracking databases, assists with event-related reporting and maintains department event listings on theSlate Event Calendar. Circulates relevant updates to department.
- Provides back-up support to alumni program, including:
- Day-to-day maintenance of the alumni website.
- Tracking of alumni information via Google alerts.
- Updating of alumni database (Interaction) and generation of reports.
- Preparation of alumni departure mailings including sending departure packages, sending follow-up emails, tracking of alumni movement for input into Interaction, etc.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Knowledge of dynamic databases (i.e. Interaction)
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years related experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.