Skadden is looking for a Client Events Specialist. This position is responsible for the coordination and production of client events, including CLE seminars, webinars, dinners, receptions and other functions. Monitors industry trends and Firm experience to identify, pitch and coordinate attorney speaking roles with external conference providers. Additionally, this position:
- Manages client (CLE) seminars, webinars and other educational programming.
- Stays current with industry trends and proposes/pitches content, topics and speakers.
- Works with organizing partners on development of invitations, target audience, mailing list and follow-up mailings.
- Oversees coordination and production of webinar and seminar materials.
- Handles virtual and in-person event logistics.
- Understands MCLE accreditation standards.
- Conducts post-event follow up and administers evaluations. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors and outside contractors and manages those relationships.
- Researches and maintains intelligence on external venues and vendors.
- Seeks external speaking roles for attorneys.
- Researches and evaluates opportunities.
- Builds relationships with external conference providers and monitors conference planning cycles.
- Proposes/pitches appropriate speakers and/or topics.
- Supports attorney preparation and participation in external speaking roles.
- Coordinates dinners, receptions and miscellaneous internal and external special events. Collaborates with other administrative departments.
- Oversees Firm's benefits in conjunction with paid sponsorships.
- Tracks all event-related activity in Firm databases.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Knowledge of Firm practice areas
- Familiarity with InterAction and database management
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years related experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.