Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
- Makes arrangements with Food Services, Facilities Management and other departments to ensure that all requests for space, food, equipment and other requested services are provided seamlessly.
- Communicates with internal and external customers via email, in-person and on the phone.
- Assists with coordinating and monitoring on-site, off-site, and virtual events.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, attorneys, staff, and other internal customers.
- Helps build relationships with, and maintain databases for, service providers (hotels, event venues, restaurants, florists, etc.).
- May be required to assist with conference room setups, moving chairs, tables, podiums, etc..
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Webex), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to learn and operate basic A/V equipment
- Ability to maintain high level of customer service
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Ability to exert low to moderate physical effort
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel domestically
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School diploma
- Minimum of one year related experience
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $60,000 - $74,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.