Skadden is looking for a Conference Services Assistant. This position will be responsible for scheduling, confirming, and the execution of all in-house meetings and events booked in the Firm's conference center. Provides support for off-site and virtual meetings. Additionally, this position is:
- Responsible for scheduling, confirming, and the execution of all in-house meetings and events booked in the Firm's conference center.
- Makes arrangements with Food Services, Facilities Management and other departments to ensure that all requests for space, food, equipment and other requested services are provided seamlessly.
- Communicates with internal and external customers via email, in-person and on the phone.
- Assists with coordinating and monitoring on-site, off-site, and virtual events.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, attorneys, staff, and other internal customers.
- Helps build relationships with, and maintain databases for, service providers (hotels, event venues, restaurants, florists, etc.).
- May be required to assist with conference room setups, moving chairs, tables, podiums, etc..
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Webex), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to learn and operate basic A/V equipment
- Ability to maintain high level of customer service
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Ability to exert low to moderate physical effort
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel domestically
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.