Skadden is looking for a Conflict of Interest Specialist to provide conflicts department assistance to attorneys, legal assistants, and professional staff by taking requests and retrieving information from various files, databases, online sources and outside services. This is a full-time position and the hours are Friday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Monday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. This position offers a fully remote work model.
- Performs accurate and methodical searches in the Firm's Conflicts Of Interest System relevant to new business, investment or hiring when working in either the office or remotely.
- Reports accurate written results to requesting attorneys, legal assistants and professional staff.
- Performs conflicts checks in off-hours from a remote location, on a rotational basis.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the Conflicts System.
- Maintains detailed records of requests.
- Maintains organization of the Conflicts Department.
- Responsible for testing and learning new Conflicts applications and systems.
- Uses Firm issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with staff to complete pending requests.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in record keeping, strong communication skills, and expertise in computer searching
- Knowledge of U.S. and foreign company names and histories
- Demonstrates teamwork and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, interpret and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with others
- Ability to use third-party database systems, such as such as Capital IQ, DNBi, and Hoover's to find company information
- Ability to fully productive in a digital, paper free workplace environment
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Ability to use video conferencing tools, such as Webex, for communicating with staff and other Firm personnel
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years related experience in Conflicts of Interest research
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.