Skadden is looking for a Conflict of Interest Specialist to provide the conflicts department assistance to attorneys, legal assistants and support staff by taking requests and retrieving information from various files, databases, online sources, outside services and assist in maintaining internal database information.
- Performs accurate and methodical searches in the Firm's Conflicts Of Interest System relevant to new business, investment or hiring.
- Reports accurate written results to requesting attorneys, legal assistants and support staff.
- Performs conflicts checks in off-hours from a remote location, on a rotational basis.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the Conflicts System.
- Maintains detailed records of requests.
- Maintains organization of the Conflicts Department.
- Uses Firm issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with staff to complete pending requests.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Friday and Monday (9:30 am - 5:30 pm). Saturday and Sunday (9:30 am – 8:30 pm) with flexibility to work remotely during the weekend shift.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in record keeping, strong communication skills, and expertise in computer searching
- Knowledge of U.S. and foreign company names and histories
- Demonstrates teamwork and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Ability to use third-party database systems, such as such as DNBi, Hoover's and Capital IQ to find company information
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Ability to exert moderate to high physical effort
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (minimum of one year)
- Minimum of two years related experience in Conflicts of Interest research
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.