Interested in joining a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting the firm and each other? Skadden – known for approaching our clients' most complex matters with innovative and creative thinking – is hiring a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Project Specialist to join our Firm in New York. In this role, you will support the Firm's diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) efforts for professional staff, including the DEI Council, learning and development programs, pipelining initiatives and data analytics. You will work closely with the DEI department and the HR professionals firmwide to ensure a consistent approach and Firmwide access to DEI programs and initiatives.
- Participates in developing and implementing DEI goals and objectives for professional staff annually, in consultation with HR and DEI professionals. Responsible for tracking goals and objectives, calendaring regular meetings, providing updates and measuring success.
- Supports the DEI Council Steering Committee by attending and scheduling meetings, taking notes, preparing and distributing agendas, tracking attendance, researching content for meeting discussions (ex: articles, TedTalks, micro-learnings), maintaining the DEI Council intranet page, preparing and distributing communications to DEI Council members.
- Responsible for maintaining the long term sustainability of initiatives and programs developed by the DEI Council.
- Provides logistical support for DEI programs and events.
- Develops and coordinates DEI learning and development programs.
- Participates in the professional staff pipeline program.
- Coordinates all aspects of mentor program, CultureConnect, for new hires.
- Organizes and administers programs that foster a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- Coordinates and tracks the Firms' OFFCP diversity outreach efforts.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant computer software programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Proficient in excel
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Effectively handles multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Appropriately handles sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Works well in a demanding and fast-paced environment, both independently as well as effectively within a team
- Uses discretion and exercises independent and sound judgment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of related experience
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. Relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are known for handling the most complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients and each other. Our attorneys and professional staff, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, work together seamlessly across 21 offices in the world's major financial centers.
Culture & Life at Skadden
We are proud to have built a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting each other. We invest substantial time and effort in hiring and training our teams and recognize that capable and committed people are a valuable asset to the firm. Our goal at Skadden is for everyone to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning & professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.