Skadden is looking for a Designer to work in the Global Marketing & Communications department. This position handles design and production of brand-consistent materials, including client-facing presentations and capabilities pieces; pitch and presentation templates; client compendia and practice-specific newsletters; website; publications (diversity, alumni and pro bono); recruiting materials; invitations (electronic and print) for client, diversity, alumni and law student events, and related event collateral; announcements; ads (ball journals and recruiting events); and other standardized Skadden-branded materials. Instructs non-designers in use of Firm-specific PowerPoint templates and maintains handbook on templates. Coordinates and helps direct photoshoots; and organizes and maintains current and archived photos. Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Complete proficiency in Adobe CC design apps, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver; HTML coding experience required; animation/video editing experience are a plus
- Strong typographic and layout skills; illustration, information design and animation/visual effects knowledge
- Excellent craft and precision for hand-building mockups and in-house projects
- Significant knowledge and experience managing full-cycle of print production: from obtaining estimated costs and negotiating vendor bids to supervising prepress work, and from checking over and marking up proofs to properly overseeing a press check
- Experience with photoshoot direction/management and can handle basic photo retouching
- Ability to work well within a team environment, take direction from senior staff and clients, and offer new ideas/fresh perspective
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with a wide range of clients and vendors
- Strong grammar, punctuation and spelling skills necessary
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in an organized and timely manner; and scrutinize work with tremendous attention to detail
- Proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Adjusts design aesthetic and workflow to meet evolving Firm needs
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Maintains a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or related area
Minimum of two years design experience in a professional services organization or other corporate environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.