Skadden is looking for a Designer. This position will handle design, full execution and production of brand-consistent Skadden communications and materials. Additionally, this position:
- Handles design and production of brand-consistent materials, including client-facing presentations and capabilities pieces; pitch and presentation templates; client mailings; internal and external websites; publications; recruiting materials; invitations and other collateral for client, diversity, alumni and law student events; announcements; ads; podcasts and videos; and other Skadden-branded materials.
- Instructs non-designers in use of Firm-specific PowerPoint and InDesign templates and helps maintain handbooks.
- Coordinates and helps direct photoshoots; and assists Senior Designer with organization of current and archived photos.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Complete proficiency in the Adobe design apps, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver; HTML coding, video editing and animation experience are a plus
- Strong typographic, layout and infographic design skills; illustration and animation/visual effects knowledge are a plus
- Significant photo retouching and logo creation skills
- Experience with creating accessible files, efficient templates and information organization
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with a wide range of clients and vendors
- Strong grammar, punctuation and spelling skills necessary
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in an organized and timely manner; and scrutinize work with tremendous attention to detail
- Full working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (especially PowerPoint & Word)
- Ability to take direction from senior staff and clients (internal and external) and offer new ideas/fresh perspective
- Adjusts design aesthetic and workflow to meet evolving Firm needs
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related area
- Minimum of three years design experience in a professional services organization or other corporate environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.