This position serves as a primary Marketing contact for corporate-related experience requests. Responsible for the Marketing experience database (Foundation), overseeing daily corporate experience workflow and researching corporate matters for new business opportunities, RFPs, submissions and surveys. Identifies corporate matter tracking best practices and provides training on Marketing experience database (Foundation) globally. Additionally, this position:
- Provides targeted experience lists for proposals, RFPs and presentations to partners and attorneys Firm-wide.
- Identifies and researches Firm's global mergers and acquisitions transactions (Firm clients and Firm mentions) through use of internal and external (press) resources. Forwards and monitors results with relevant partners and attorneys for their feedback and follow up as needed.
- Researches, summarizes and inputs corporate transaction-related information into Marketing experience database (Foundation).
- Develops and utilizes a comprehensive knowledge base of Firm practices and relevant industries.
- Independently researches and gathers data to leverage Firm experience.
- Reviews market data analytics to create relevant practice experience statistics.
- Oversees upkeep and maintenance of Marketing experience database (Foundation).
- Globally trains Marketing team members on Marketing experience database (Foundation).
- Coordinates Firm-wide league table submissions and related analysis.
- Identifies best practices for utilizing Marketing experience database (Foundation).
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent database skills (mining, entry, maintenance)
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and easily shift priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of four years related experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.