Skadden is looking for a Global Business Development Analyst. This position is responsible for business development efforts and the collection and analysis of competitive data, market research, company profiles, industry trends and other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Performs analysis of and prepares industry/company target lists containing internal and external metrics.
- Performs analysis of and prepares company reports and profiles including background information, advisory relationships and market intelligence utilizing internal and external data sources.
- Performs client analysis and market research by office, industry, and practice area, exercising discretion and sound judgment.
- Conducts peer firm and competitor analysis such as league table rankings to support various practice and office initiatives.
- Follows and tracks trends in the legal industry as it relates to business development efforts.
- Summarizes capital market (public equity and debt offerings) deals and M & A transactions by company, region or industry.
- Conducts research and develops knowledge of external data sources for use in various Business Development projects.
- Participates in Business Development efforts for the Firm's global offices.
- Monitors, tracks and analyzes new developments in various industries and geographic regions using internal and external data sources.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Intermediate skills in Excel and knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Knowledge of Capitaliq, Mergermarket, Thomson One, BoardEx, Reuters, or other information market intelligence search tools a plus
- Resourceful internet research skills utilizing various online sources
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize information from various sources in a clear, concise manner
- Basic understanding and or exposure to business financials (including SEC filings)
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business need
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one year of related work experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.