Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Global Business Development Analyst (entry level) to join our Firm. This position will be based in our New York office (hybrid). This position is responsible for the collection and analysis of information related to market research, industry trends, company profiles, competitive analysis and other duties, as assigned. Participates in various firmwide strategic initiatives related to business development, cross-selling and growth opportunities.
- Researches and prepares company profiles including information on company operations, connections to key senior management and board, analysis of deals and litigation activity, and recent news.
- Updates and analyzes industry and regional lists with internal and external data to better understand coverage of industry or region, practice mix, Partners involved, etc.
- Benchmarks current position versus competitors through analysis of league tables, corporate transactions, litigation events and even recent legal industry news.
- Analyzes daily market intelligence to identify upcoming deals that can be communicated to Partners for their review.
- Analyzes daily new clients added to assign an industry, region, country tag, which bolsters our understanding of market share across industries and regions.
- Monitors and analyzes new developments in various industries and geographic regions using internal and external data sources.
- Ad hoc analysis of M&A, capital markets and other deal types in support of various practice and/or office initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient using full MS Suite with intermediate to advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, look-ups, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize information from various sources in a clear, concise manner
- Takes ownership for significant portion of projects and generate action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deliverable deadlines and display sound judgement, particularly with sensitive and confidential information
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Ability to remain effective and adaptable to change
- Excellent analytical ability with a keen business sense, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Resourceful internet research skills utilizing various online sources
- Basic understanding and or exposure to business financials (including SEC filings)
- Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written) with the capacity to build trust-based relationships with teammates and stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated, a passion for excellence and the desire to have a significant impact
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one year of related work experience
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $80,000 to $85,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.