Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Skadden is looking for a Health & Welfare Benefits Analyst. This position supports the Benefits team by participating in all aspects of the U.S. health and welfare benefit plans and programs including collecting and maintaining financial data and preparing and reviewing data analytics to assist in the management of the programs. This position will be based in our New York City office and will have a hybrid remote/in-office schedule. Responsibilities include:
- Support the financial planning and development of various U.S. and international benefit plans including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, and disability.
- Understand and participate in the financial aspects of the benefit programs including the development of rate setting, forecasting, and the impact to the P&L and balance sheet.
- Updates budget spreadsheets and maintains all related financial accounting and reconciliation data including collecting data from both internal and external resources, maintaining census information, premium and claim spreadsheets and other related reports.
- Prepare and analyze monthly claims tracking reports for self-insured plans and performs data analysis of paid claims, and fixed costs associated with the plans.
- Develops self-insured medical plan trend reports utilizing databases provided by the insurance carriers.
- Analyzes trends and assists in the development of recommendations of plan design and contributions by identifying savings opportunities to control costs.
- Support day-to-day project management by coordinating the scheduling of meetings with carriers and brokers and maintaining records and notes, tracking take-aways items from meetings and responsible to follow-up with stakeholders for associated items.
- Assist with the review of materials provided.
- Work with brokers, consultants, and vendors and support the management of third-party vendor relationships to ensure efficient and effective management and administration of all benefit plans.
- Assist with the annual renewal processes for all U.S. and international health and welfare benefit plans and programs including but not limited to: guiding the renewal timelines, analyzing proposals and negotiating pricing and applicable contract terms, and developing associated budget and financial analysis spreadsheets and presentations.
- Assist in reviewing benchmark data to identify industry and competitor trends. Supports research of best practices using market surveys, networking, and other sources of industry information, to recommend competitive and cost effective benefit packages.
- Anticipates and meets partner and employee needs in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to work well independently, take initiative and work well with limited supervision
- Strong written communication skills including strong grammar and proofreading ability
- Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize information in a clear, concise manner
- Must be highly organized with ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced environment; flexible and adaptable
- Strong computer skills; high proficiency in MS Word and expert level MS Excel skill set, HR systems, Database systems
- Strong skills in data mining, manipulation, and analysis
- Knowledge of U.S. laws and regulations impacting employee benefits
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting functions, as they relate to the interaction with benefits
- Proficient in mathematical and accounting principles, general ledger, budgeting and budget variance analysis
- Ability to keep matters confidential
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Is a team player; deals courteously/effectively with others
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of four years of related experience
- Self-insured health plan experience preferred
- Workday experience preferred
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $90,000 - $105,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.