Skadden is looking for a Hiring Conflicts Clearance Analyst. This position will:
- Conduct conflict clearance for experienced hires including associates, summer associates and incoming first year associates, Firm-wide.
- Communicate with candidates to ensure accurate and thorough completion of the prior work experience ("PWE") form to ensure that conflicts can be run properly.
- Review of resume and PWE form and follow up with the candidate for additional information as necessary.
- Submit request for conflicts check to the Conflicts Department.
- Review and analyze the conflict reports for potential ethical or business issues.
- Coordinate and facilitate the conflict clearance process between the candidate, Legal Hiring Department, and partners.
- Interact with Legal Hiring Department personnel to provide progress updates of conflict check status.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Coordinate and follow up with partners with regard to issues related to potential ethical or business conflicts and ethical wall/waiver requests.
- Prepare and finalize documents for new hire orientation.
- Consult with attorneys in the Office of the General Counsel as needed.
- Train and mentor other personnel in the Hiring Conflicts Clearance Department.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manage Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conflicts of interest and issues
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs, with flexibility and skills to learn new and proprietary software programs such as the Hiring Conflicts Assistance Tool and online PWE System
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in communicating with Firm attorneys and staff
- Demonstrate close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum two years of related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.