Skadden is looking for a Human Resources Project Assistant to provide administrative and project support in the areas of recruitment, internships, training and development, disability and leave administration, and a variety of other HR projects. Serves as a resource to all Firm personnel by responding to inquiries regarding Human Resources programs and/or Firm policies and procedures.
- Participates in the coordination of internship programs, including on-boarding, programs and events, and gathering feedback. Maintains relationships with non-profit organizations and schools.
- Provides support to recruitment team, including contacting qualified applicants, scheduling and coordinating interviews, conducting phone screens, and sending correspondence to new hires during the on-boarding process.
- Provides support to the Senior HR Generalist for the annual Legal Practice Assistant hiring.
- Develops relationships with grassroot organizations to enhance recruitment outreach efforts in compliance with the OFCCP.
- Assists with the data entry and reconciliation of attendance in Workday related to all leave of absences.
- Creates and maintains training and development information in the Training Calendar and produces reports as needed.
- Assists with training and development initiatives, including conference room set up, copying materials, tracking sign in lists, and auditing programs.
- Participates in creating new job descriptions and auditing existing job descriptions.
- Participates in the planning and executing of employee events led by the Human Resources Department (i.e. Take Your Kids to Work Day).
- Drafts promotion and transfer memos.
- Handles the Firm's professional staff tuition reimbursement program.
- Participates in the creation of a semi-annual HR Newsletter.
- Coordinates the access to and information for Lactation Rooms.
- Assists with year-end policy acknowledgement rollout, including testing and validation process.
- Provides general HR support and guidance to all domestic and international offices.
- Seeks to enhance knowledge of Human Resources procedures and processes.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Workday
- Current knowledge of Human Resources practices, techniques and business trends
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Broad and thorough knowledge of Excel and MS Word and a understanding of employee database applications
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Takes initiative and responsibility when dealing with departmental issues
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business need
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years of related Human Resources experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.