Interested in joining a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting the firm and each other? Skadden – known for approaching our clients' most complex matters with innovative and creative thinking – is hiring an HRIS Analyst who will facilitate technical support to Professional Staff Human Resources firm-wide, including the recruitment, onboarding, leaves of absence, and status changes. Perform technical and project support for the Human Resources department and provide information and assistance to professional staff.
- Provides technical support to the Human Resources function firm wide, handling processes including recruitment, onboarding, status changes, and leaves of absence.
- Provides training to new and existing HR Professionals on various Workday processes, including hiring, leaves, status changes and terminations.
- Works closely with other departments and collaborates with the HRIS team to troubleshoot and provide solutions to issues.
- Analyzes existing HR data management processes and proposes and implements improvements in methods and procedures. Collaborates with Senior HRIS Manager on proposals.
- Assists with Absence Management in Workday and the Absence Request System.
- Assists with configuration of business processes in Workday.
- Collaborates with Firm departments to ensure employee data, records, and pay are accurate.
- Responsible for processing status changes for NY and international staff; provides support to US offices.
- Responsible for processing new hires in NY and internationally.
- Responsible for processing voluntary terminations in NY and internationally.
- Overseas all Applicant Tracking in Lawcruit. Assist with government reporting requirements.
- Assists with testing of business processes during Workday new releases.
- Assists with Absence Management in Workday and the Absence Request System. Responsible for updating data, accuracy of data and reporting of data.
- Assists with testing of various HRIS processes, as needed.
- Provides support on implementation of HR processes in Workday and collaborates with the Junior HRIS Analyst to ensure job aids are up to date.
- Handles projects related to HRIS, as assigned.
- Provides assistance when and where necessary to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs data entry as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., HRIS, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint,), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Foundational knowledge and experience with Workday configuration and business process set up
- Knowledge of database structure
- Skilled at using technology to execute projects
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Delivers timely and accurate work products, and responds with a sense of urgency
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three to five years related HRIS experience
- Minimum of three years Workday experience
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $95,000 to $110,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. Relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients’ legal issues. We are known for handling the most complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients and each other. Our attorneys and professional staff, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, work together seamlessly across 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Culture & Life at Skadden
We are proud to have built a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting each other. We invest substantial time and effort in hiring and training our teams and recognize that capable and committed people are a valuable asset to the firm. Our goal at Skadden is for everyone to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning & professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skadden EEO and Affirmative Action Policy
Applicants Have Rights Under Federal Employment Law
In accordance with the Transparency in Coverage Rule, click here to review machine-readable files made available by UnitedHealthcare.