This position provides HRIS data entry, administrative and project support for the Human Resources department. Assists all department personnel and clients.
- Assists with Workday data entry for various transactions including new hire, termination, and change of status for New York and international offices.
- Assists with ensuring that personal information is accurate, headcount is appropriately tracked, and documentation is in place.
- Assists HR Specialist with Applicant Tracking in Lawcruit, including opening and closing all active job requests, applicant tracking all qualified applicants, and government reporting requirements.
- Facilitates onboarding of new hires which includes accurate data entry into Workday.
- Assists with scheduling new hires for PC training and Benefits orientation. Coordinates with Network Technology and Benefits to ensure all new hires receive appropriate training and/or materials.
- Produces reports including audits and fulfilling requests.
- Maintains personnel files and records including archiving at year end.
- Assists with storage of all HR files, both physically and electronically.
- Maintains orientation materials and supplies, and ensures they are kept up-to-date.
- Provides support during the annual Professional Staff Performance Evaluation process, including tracking returned evaluations, and following up with department managers as needed to ensure that reviews are returned in a timely manner.
- Prepares expense reports and check requests for department.
- Responsible for preparation of annual Holiday Calendar firm wide.
- Assists with employment verification requests.
- Performs general administrative duties including answering phones and generating correspondence.
- Provides general information to professional staff.
- Reserves and sets up conference rooms and PC training rooms as needed.
- Assists with department special projects and events.
- Participates in all HRIS system upgrades.
- Assists in various data auditing functions.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Working knowledge of an integrated HRIS system, PC Databases and Spreadsheet programs (e.g.,Workday and MS Office Suite)Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instruction
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of one year Human Resources related experience in a professional services environment
- Minimum of six months HRIS experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.