The HRIS Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies for the enhancement and maintenance of HRIS systems and functions for professional staff. Oversees day-to-day operations and maintenance of HRIS systems. Additionally, the
- Develops and implements strategies for the enhancement and maintenance of HRIS systems and functions, implementing new systems and overseeing systems upgrades.
- Responsible for leading transition of current HRIS legacy system to Workday. Collaborates with various departments and Workday consultants to ensure Firm's business requirements are met.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of HRIS functions, including new hire process, termination of employment, employee change of status, compensation and absence management.
- Manages annual merit increase and bonus processes Firmwide including producing related compensation analyses.
- Designs, configures, and tests Workday security and controls solutions such as role-based, job-based, aggregation, intersection, and segmented security groups.
- Oversees performance evaluation process working closely with others to ensure system setup and preparation for annual performance evaluations, self-evaluations and off-cycle evaluations are completed timely.
- Oversees applicant tracking system, working closely with others to ensure system is configured to Firm's needs, accurately tracks candidates and complies with government reporting requirements.
- Provides training and technical support to end-users; design user-friendly processes, guidelines, and documentation for Workday users to enable consistent use and data integrity.
- Develops strategy for HR data integrity, including regular system audits, cleanup and maintenance.
- Collaborates with IT, Benefits, Payroll and outside offices to ensure that HRIS systems adequately support the Firm's HR practices.
- Collaborates with HR Compliance Manager on implementing processes as required by law.
- Develops and maintains HR presence on internal information systems, including updates to HR policies and procedures as appropriate and the dissemination of data regarding the use and maintenance of HR systems.
- Coordinates with HRIS team to develop and implement targeted training for HRIS systems users.
- Oversees various Firmwide programs.
- Collaborates with IT on maintenance of the Firm's timekeeping system, DTE, and manages concerns and issues as needed.
- Works with Payroll to address various payment issues as they arise.
- Works on temporary/vendor worker onboarding and auditing.
- Ensures current knowledge of Firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for staff.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection and training process.
- Monitors time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with Firm policies.
- Effectively utilizes the Firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
- Engages in strategic (i.e., long-range) planning by developing departmental goals and supporting objectives for assigned department(s).
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of Workday functional areas, including HCM, Core Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Absence Management
- Extensive knowledge of an integrated HRIS system, PC databases and spreadsheets (Workday, viDesktop, Lawson, Crystal Reports, MS Office Suite, Power BI)
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Working knowledge of basic Finance and financial systems
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrated experience with leading and supervising others
- Delegates work effectively
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years related experience including managing processes, managing staff and performing system development, maintenance, audits and training
- Minimum of three years Workday HCM experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.