Skadden is looking for a Human Resources Compensation Analyst who will be responsible for managing compensation data for U.S. Professional Staff. Responsibilities include conducting external market and internal pay equity analyses, reviewing and updating job profiles, and managing and updating compensation data analyses and information. Provides analytical support on ad-hoc compensation consulting projects and reporting. Responsible for market research and advising on compensation internationally.
- Responsible for conducting and maintaining a full salary analysis of all professional staff positions in the U.S. offices.
- Evaluates job descriptions and utilizes industry and regional compensation survey tools to research, analyze and conduct market analyses for professional staff positions globally, and ensures competitive pay practices.
- Supports data management and reporting with respect to compensation compliance, including ongoing maintenance of compensation analysis spreadsheets.
- Analyzes starting and promotional salaries for internal equity.
- Participates in annual pay equity review process, including preparation of compensation workbooks, analyzing compensation data and identifying issues.
- Supports periodic privileged pay equity analyses across all domestic offices.
- Creates and maintains compensation grade structures for all positions in all domestic offices, including initial analysis of job groupings, review of internal and market data, review of job descriptions, and collaboration with HR professionals.
- Maintains and regularly updates market compensation analyses. Conducts periodic audits to ensure maximum accuracy and integrity of compensation data.
- Utilizes Workday to prepare a variety of analytical reports to support decision-making and to assess compensation program results; recommends course of action based on analysis.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on compensation structure, pay grades and ranges, market survey data, and job profiles.
- Collaborates with the HRIS team to ensure accuracy in HR data systems including compensation, titles, compliance, and other compensation related matters.
- Participates in the year-end international compensation process.
- Provides support to the Human Resources function firm wide, handling data management, analysis, reporting and auditing.
- Analyzes large data sets to identify issues or trends and shares findings with senior management.
- Analyzes existing HR data management processes and proposes and implements improvements where needed.
- Serves as a point of contact and manages relationship with the Firm’s compensation survey vendors.
- Performs data entry as needed.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Firm systems, PC databases and spreadsheets (Workday, MS Office Suite) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of database structure
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced proficiency in all aspects of excel, including formulas and reporting capabilities
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills, with ability to research and analyze various types of data
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum three years of related experience; minimum two years of compensation analysis experience
- Experience with a pay equity platform and Workday is preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.