Skadden is looking for an HR Executive Assistant to provide administrative assistance to the Human Resources Department and support department management with project-related tasks. Additionally, this position:
- Handles the Firm's professional staff tuition reimbursement program.
- Coordinates the access to and information for Lactation Rooms.
- Provides support to recruitment team, including scheduling and coordinating interviews, checking references, and sending correspondence to new hires during the on-boarding process.
- Opens, reviews and distributes mail.
- Handles standard administrative functions, including answering and responding to HR Hotline calls and voice messages.
- Maintains personnel files and records including archiving at year end.
- Assists with employment verifications.
- Assists with storage of all HR files, both physically and electronically.
- Prepares letters and memos as directed utilizing appropriate computer software (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- Maintains orientation materials and department supplies, and ensures they are kept up-to-date.
- Assists with preparing expense reports and check requests for department.
- Works with management to ensure that all administrative tasks are being completed both timely and efficiently.
- Assists with data entry and coding projects.
- Assists with updating HR intranet pages (e.g., contacts and links on HR home page).
- Supports Chief Human Resources Officer, including scheduling meetings and appointments, as needed.
- Assists department with special projects.
- Performs responsibilities of other support services when needed, including printing, scanning, duplicating, quality control, faxing and package deliveries.
- Assists as needed with special events for professional staff, including Employee Anniversary Recognition Program, annual State of the Firm, and Ethics Presentation.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Human Resources procedures and processes
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.