This position will assist the Global Manager of Immigration & Global Mobility ("Global Manager") with the administration and review of the Firm's expatriate, short- and medium-term assignment and global business travelers programs, in addition to assisting with international compensation administration.
Global Mobility Services:
- Liaise with host office and/or regional HR Managers to determine appropriate international assignment structures and terms for incomings, new hires and transfers.
- Generate and review assignment documentation in consultation with the "Global Manager" and Firm Tax Department.
- Provide ongoing support to employees on assignment.
- Escalate mobility issues or challenges as they arise to management.
- Coordinate visa applications for cross-border movement.
- Review secondment structures/terms, in coordination with Client Administration and Attorney Development, for cross-border employee secondments to a client.
- Review assignment structures for summer associates working overseas (including payroll, tax and immigration).
- Liaise with host offices on immigration/visa matters and with the tax department on payroll coordination.
- Monitor ongoing business traveler visa applications and expiration dates.
- Administer the Firm's expatriate packages.
- Support periodic program reviews and allowance assessments.
- Assist legal hiring with questions about offers to expatriate candidates.
- Other functions as needed.
- Support Attorney Development with local pay scales and bonus schedules and ad hoc requests relating to international personnel temporarily assigned to an office in the U.S
- Liaise with international offices on behalf of the Human Resources Department on annual salary reviews and bonus determinations for support staff and legal assistants. Facilitate review by HR Director.
- Conduct ad hoc salary reviews by position/market as needed.
- Budget responsibility for expatriate program, local attorney pay scales and local attorney bonuses.
- Partner with the local offices, Firm Tax and Payroll departments in New York to manage allowances and withholdings for international personnel who are on the US payroll; provide Firm Tax and Payroll departments with compensation details for US taxpayers whose pay is administered on an international payroll (needed for US reporting purposes).
- Coordinates US tax exemptions for US visa holders with payroll department
- Provides Directors and select personnel on a need-to-know basis with compensation information relating to employees on local payrolls.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Word with the ability to create and execute complex functions in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc.)
- Financial acumen
- Basic understanding of tax and compliance issues
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years' related global mobility and international assignment services experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.