This position will provide day-to-day support for international compensation and payroll administration. This position works closely with internal clients in the Attorney Development, Human Resources, Firm Tax, Payroll and Budget departments under the direction of the Global Manager of Immigration & International Mobility.
- Support Attorney Development with local pay scales and bonus schedules and ad hoc requests relating to compensation for attorneys based outside of the U.S.
- Assist Global Manager of Immigration and Global Mobility with payroll coordination for those on short-term international and expatriate assignments.
- Facilitate annual salary reviews and bonus determinations for support staff and legal assistants in the international offices for the Human Resources Department.
- Conduct ad hoc salary reviews by position/market, as needed.
- Budget support for local office attorney pay scales, local attorney bonuses and the expatriate program.
- Partner with the local offices, Firm Tax and Payroll departments in New York to manage allowances and withholdings for international personnel who are on the US payroll.
- Provide Firm Tax and Payroll departments with compensation details for US taxpayers whose pay is administered on an international payroll (needed for US reporting purposes).
- Coordinate US tax exemptions for US visa holders with the Firm Tax and Payroll departments.
- Provide Directors and select personnel on a need-to-know basis with compensation information relating to personnel paid by the local office.
- Point of contact for the General Ledger group regarding local payroll matters, including follow-up on exception reporting.
- Support role in HRIS planning for international payroll support and reporting.
- Project support for the mobility and immigration team (cross training).
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manage Firm resources responsibly.
- Comply with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Perform other functions as required.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Word with the ability to readily create and execute complex functions in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc.)
- Financial acumen
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- BS degree in Accounting or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of three years' related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.