The Jr. HRIS Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the overall technical functioning of the Benefits Department information technology systems including planning, report writing, data quality assurance and the gathering/analysis of statistics. Additionally, they will provide technical and project support to the Benefits Department.
- Creates and edits reports using all report writing tools available (e.g., Lawson HR Writer, MS Add-Ins and Crystal Reports) and reviews this information for data accuracy and integrity.
- Generates reports (daily, weekly, monthly, annually) to facilitate the operational activities by departmental staff and assists in the audit of the data for accuracy.
- Assists in ensuring the security and integrity of data in all HRIS applications.
- Provides support to Benefits Department users of all HRIS applications.
- Assists in all aspects of ACA compliance, including but not limited to 1095 reporting, affordability testing, lookbacks, standard measurement period analysis, and all associated data entry,
- Creates, calculates, processes and reconciles various insurance premium and headcount reports.
- Assists in sending eligibility files, researching and responding to vendor discrepancy reports, and running and analyzing the associated audit reports.
- Responsible for setting up new hires into HRIS applications.
- Interacts with outside vendors on the functioning of all Benefits Department applications and file transfers.
- Responsible for the adherence to strict file transfer protocols with each vendor in accordance with Firm policy and assists in maintaining related index of vendors and methods of communication.
- Logs technical/functional issues and follows up with the HRIS Manager and/or the Sr. HRIS Analyst on the status.
- Creates, edits and maintains appropriate documentation on systems and procedures.
- Assists the HRIS Manager and the Sr. HRIS Analyst with the overall configuration and system functionality of the annual open enrollment process for the Firm.
- Assists in training departmental personnel on various aspects of HRIS applications.
- Answers employees' and partners' basic inquiries regarding Employee Self Services (ESS).
- Participates in the testing and implementation of new Benefits Department HRIS initiatives.
- Works with IT and other departments to streamline inter-departmental procedures.
- Processes payroll adjustments as needed.
- Performs ad-hoc projects assigned by the HRIS Manager including, but not limited to development of new Benefit set-ups in our HRIS applications, as well as the development and maintenance of complex reports.
- Assists in department mailing and filing projects.
- Opens and distributes departmental mail.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong math/analytical aptitude
- Strong computer skills; high proficiency in MS Excel (with extensive experience in and knowledge of formulas and functions, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, pivot tables and charts, If statements, etc.), HRIS applications, multiple types of reporting tools (e.g., MS Access, MS Add-ins, Crystal Reporting) and other Human Resources software.
- Strong skills in data mining, manipulation, and analysis
- Strong understanding of payroll functions specifically related to their interaction with benefits
- Knowledge of Firm operations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health and welfare benefits administrative procedures and applicable laws
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and take direction from senior departmental staff
- Ability to trouble shoot technical problems and make recommendations on appropriate solutions
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs especially during the annual open enrollment season and system upgrades
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of four years related experience; or
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years related experience
- Experience working in a Benefits capacity using Workday, particularly as part of a Workday implementation, is strongly preferred.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.