Skadden Arps is seeking a Client Accounting Junior Compliance Analyst to review and follow up on documentation and information to meet the Firm's KYC/AML compliance regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and follows up on documentation and information to meet the Firm's KYC/AML compliance regulatory requirements.
- Identifies and addresses non-compliance issues with management and partners.
- Updates internal documentation and databases to keep current with compliance status of clients, the department and Firm's KYC/AML guidelines and procedures, as well as new regulations and requirements.
- Performs new client risk assessments to include review and analysis of new clients for AML risk, financial viability with respect to bill payment, reputational risk, bankruptcy, and criminal records.
- Performs prospective client analysis, including enhanced due diligence, synthesizes findings and reports to management, partners and committee members for effective assessment of viability and risk level of prospective client.
- Researches relationships between the Firm's new and existing clients for parent/subsidiary relationships to facilitate accurate and current reporting.
- Understands and responds to inquiries from partners, other attorneys and staff and demonstrates this understanding through the use of effective communication.
- Reviews new matters and works to ensure Firm SIC codes are assigned correctly where applicable.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of Aderant with respect to client matter intake process and billing-function
- Ability to perform internet research using various search functions
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to read interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one year general work experience and/or other similar law firm experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.