Skadden is looking for a Junior Technology Support Analyst. This position is responsible for providing technology support to the local office for areas including software, hardware, infrastructure, network services, mobile and remote services, audio visual, telephony and security systems. Additionally, this position:
- Provides a consistent and high level of customer service.
- Assembles, installs, configures, tests, images, troubleshoots and repairs hardware and peripherals, including but not limited to computers, printers, scanners, fax machines and mobile devices.
- Responds to local telephone helpline, support tickets and e-mails (provides information, assesses problems and offers assistance).
- Logs all calls into the Firm's call logging systems and resolves or escalates as appropriate.
- Provides application support for both local installations and Citrix based applications.
- Provides support, troubleshooting and repair for laptops and desktops.
- Provides mobile device support, set up configuration, support and end user training.
- Assists with the Firm's audio visual set up requirements.
- Helps to maintain Firm's policies and procedures in relation to computer technology.
- Ensures the security of the Firm's systems by understanding the risks and ensuring best practices are followed.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: walking, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures with regard to ordering and configuring hardware
- Thorough working knowledge of computer, printer and scanner hardware
- Ability to exert moderate to high physical effort
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.