- Substantive expertise in Banking or Finance practice
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex ideas to attorneys and managers
- Experience with automation tools (such as Contract Express, Neota Logic, Hot Docs) and AI-enabled due diligence review tools (such as Kira, eBrevia or Luminance) or eDiscovery tools
- Aptitude for and interest in legal technology and integration
- Self-starter and highly motivated, quick learner with ability to translate concepts and insights from one practice group to another
- Skilled at drafting thought leadership publications, training material, relevant precedents and other know-how material
- Strong understanding of KM processes, techniques, relevant technologies and best practices
- Thorough competency with relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new applications, including web page editing software
- Knowledge of legal and corporate information sources
- Proven capacity for creative problem solving
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities across multiple practice groups simultaneously
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Demonstrates a courteous and professional demeanor
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- J. D. Degree
- Minimum of four years of experience required practicing law in one of the relevant practices at a large global law firm. Areas of substantive expertise include:
- Banking (required)
- Corporate (preferred)
- Experience in a similar knowledge management role at a large global law firm (preferred)
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $200,000 - $270,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. Relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients’ legal issues. We are known for handling the most complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients and each other. Our attorneys and professional staff, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, work together seamlessly across 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Culture & Life at Skadden
We are proud to have built a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting each other. We invest substantial time and effort in hiring and training our teams and recognize that capable and committed people are a valuable asset to the firm. Our goal at Skadden is for everyone to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning & professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.