Working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team, this position is responsible for developing and supporting integrated, on-line, web based applications for the Firm. Application categories include Business Process, HR self-service, Finance, Business Development, Marketing, and Client Relationship Management. Lead on software development projects and other initiatives, and coordinating development teams within the BSI department. By assisting the Supervisor, the Lead Software Developer will act as a subject matter expert, develop best practices and processes, provide guidance and support to team members, architect, coordinate and deliver solutions, ensure quality, and solve problems as they arise.
- Collaborates with team members, project managers and other stakeholders to design and recommend appropriate solutions and approaches.
- Develops best practices, standards, processes and approaches to deliver repeatable, quality solutions.
- Acts as a lead resource for team members, project managers, supervisors, and solution stakeholders to assign resources and solve problems.
- Develops application code including database structures and stored procedures, application logic, system integrations, and user interfaces.
- Plans, designs and implements enhancements for the department and/or Firm platforms and applications.
- Creates documentation such as solution designs, technical specifications, and operational guidelines.
- Supports the supervisor with team member development including the development and execution training programs and annual performance reviews.
- Works with data architects, programmers and data-base administrators to assure adherence to standards. This includes code reviews, iterative quality assurance (QA) testing, interoperability testing and post implementation monitoring strategies.
- Keeps current on relevant industry trends, methodologies and technologies as they may be applicable.
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and day-to-day operation of department and Firm applications.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Broad and thorough knowledge of related applications technology
- Broad and thorough knowledge of application development tools and work flows
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of five years of related technical experience in a professional services environment
- Law Firm experience a plus
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Financial systems including Aderant
- Business Intelligence initiatives and applications
- Data warehousing and/or OLAP initiatives
- Dashboard and production reporting projects
- Microsoft Team Foundation Services and Git (for requirements management)
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.