The Legal Assistant Specialist- HSR assists with Hart-Scott-Rodino ("HSR") specific tasks in the Antitrust Practice Area. This position provides attorneys, members of the Department and other professional staff with diversified clerical, administrative and case/deal support by handling complex tasks and projects, with limited supervision, throughout all phases and aspects of HSR work.
- Provides comprehensive, full-range support to the HSR department and handles complex and specialized HSR related tasks and projects with limited supervision.
- Serves as a resource for members of the Department, attorneys and other professional staff relating to HSR.
- Forms positive working relationships with those involved in the HSR department.
- Assists with the preparation and/or filing of HSR materials.
- Assists with retrieval of rules, regulations and company profiles, as needed.
- Assists with document reviews and document productions, as needed.
- Regularly communicates and coordinates with HSR attorneys and legal assistants in Washington, D.C. office regarding all aspects of HSR filings.
- Proofreads letters, filings, forms and other documents, as needed.
- Pulls cases, shepardizes briefs and handles or coordinates cite-checking, as needed.
- Performs non-legal research using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR and other media and financial services sites, and/or other court-related websites for case law, statutes, articles, books, etc.
- Organizes and manages electronic and paper files.
- Ensures that all files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems.
- Maintains the integrity of client files.
- Updates attorney and case/deal team binders.
- Manages databases in accord with Firm standards.
- Assists other legal assistants and attorneys across practice areas.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or needed.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR and other court-related websites and/or media and financial services
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience. Legal Assistant experience preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.