Skadden is looking for a Legal Assistant Specialist – HSR to join our Legal Assistant Services team in the New York office. Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying to this position.
The Legal Assistant Specialist - HSR manages and assists with basic and advanced specialized tasks and projects through to completion, regarding the antitrust premerger notification and reporting requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act ("HSR"). This position serves as a HSR-specific resource to attorneys, members of the Department and other professional staff, as needed. This position also:
- Assists with the preparation of HSR forms, memoranda, and overviews relating to HSR submissions using transaction documents, prior HSR filings, SEC filings, publicly available information, and data received from clients.
- Assists with document and exhibit preparation for HSR filings to the FTC and DOJ.
- Assists attorneys throughout document and privilege reviews regarding HSR filings.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency, and excels, in handling HSR-related tasks or projects.
- Serves as a HSR resource for attorneys, colleagues and other support staff.
- Conducts research and offers guidance to attorneys and members of the Department.
- Ensures that all files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems and seeks to improve workflow regarding storage and recall of materials.
- Maintains the integrity of client files.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of HSR-specific concepts and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively, within a team
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel, as required
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in a legal assistant position or a position requiring similar skillset, expertise and experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.