**Hours are as follows: Tu-Wed: 12:30pm-10pm; Th: 12pm-10pm; Fri 2pm-12am
Supports Legal Technology Help Desk, which operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Handles all Help Desk calls; open call tickets; conducts triage and problem resolution; escalates issues and follows up with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs); ensures call closure by following up with users. Develops test plans for applications supported by the Legal Technology Department. Manually tests applications to ensure they function efficiently and are free of defects. Assists with data loading and/or printing during off-hours as needed.
- Answers Help Desk calls.
- Provides application support services including problem management for Skadden end-users.
- Resolves, monitors and tracks situations and issues to resolution, to the satisfaction of users, requiring accurate problem identification and diagnosis.
- Reviews functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
Identifies, tests requirements from specifications, maps test case requirements and designs test coverage plans.
Develops, documents and maintains functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
Executes and evaluates manual or automated test cases and report test results.
Holds and facilitates test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
Identifies any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
Ensures that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
Isolates, replicates, and reports defects and verify defect fixes.
Assists with maintaining documentation (e.g. knowledgebase) regarding all potential solutions, including work arounds, bugs, patches and permanent solutions.
Assists with loading data to Legal Technology databases as instructed.
Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
Manages Firm resources responsibly.
Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of PC environments and use of software applications in a legal environment required
- Proficiency with "best-of-breed" legal software applications preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of job related computer software, i.e. imaging, database, Web applications, desktop publishing and online Help modules
- Working knowledge of Help Desk software and knowledgebase
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Team Foundation Server preferred.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of Help Desk support work experience in a corporate law firm or professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.