Skadden is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. This position will implement and maintain various data management solutions. This individual will coordinate with the department managers, IT staff and other department managers to develop technical solutions to meet the Firm’s needs.
- Coordinates with Legal Technology project managers in the New York and other offices to meet technology requirements of Legal Technology projects.
- Participates on client calls to understand client data layout for harvesting
- Develops application-specific solutions for case and Firm technical requirements.
- Prepares analysis of data management processes, systems and applications and provides recommendations for improving them.
- Develops and executes short-term and long-term plans for implementation of new data analytics applications and upgrades to existing applications in line with guidelines set by the IT Department.
- Assists with the resolution of technical issues involving Legal Technology supported applications.
- Designs and develops data processing utilities as needed.
- Evaluates software and hardware and makes recommendations.
- Researches latest technology trends both within and outside the legal market.
- Monitors system usage and provides statistics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of programming principles.
- Knowledge of the Python scripting language.
- Knowledge of the Perl scripting language.
- Knowledge of Unix Shell scripting.
- Knowledge of Linux System Administration.
- Knowledge of Apache SOLR Search Engine.
- Knowledge of SQL databases and queries.
- Knowledge of project management methodology.
- Good understanding of general technologies and business software.
- Familiarity with compression and encryption.
- Database familiarity in using SQL in various forms and programs.
- Understanding of conversion between video, audio and different media formats.
- Understanding of different file systems, container types of data and conversions between various formats.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- 10+ years related work experience. Prior law firm experience is preferred.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.