Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Legal Technology Senior Software Engineer to join our Firm. This position will be based in our New York City office (hybrid). The Senior Software Engineer will participate in all aspects of the product development life cycle from design to delivery, which includes implementing high performance software applications that provide outstanding user experience and are written using the latest technologies.
- Meets with team members and end-users to establish software requirements.
- Prepares analyses of processes and requirements.
- Consults with team members regarding design and implementation of applications.
- Creates databases and application interfaces based on analysis of requirements within established guidelines.
- Writes high performance code using established coding standards.
- Implements security access on applications.
- Develops unit tests to test code implementation.
- Develops application testing plans and assist with the testing process, including contention with existing desktop applications.
- Provides guidance, direction and mentorship to other Software Engineers in the design and implementation of their applications.
- Assists in the training of all new Software Engineers.
- Reviews code of other Software Engineers to ensure that coding standards and procedures are followed and implemented in the most efficient manner.
- Instructs Legal Technology Trainers in use and training of the software.
- Assists with integration strategies between applications.
- Researches latest technology trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Experience in developing applications using C#, .Net, WPF, MVVM, ASP.NET, and HTML 5.
- Ability to design SQL database objects for SQL Server , writing stored procedures and user defined functions.
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server and tools.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Thorough working knowledge of PCs, networks and web technology
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum of six years of software development work experience.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.