Skadden is looking for a Legal Technology Senior Special Projects Coordinator (Document Automation). This position will assist in the implementation of document automation tools including designing, planning and building automated documents and solutions. Works with matter teams and administrative staff in all offices to develop technology-related workflows for manual processes. Assists with technical projects related to the General Counsel's Office and Records Management. Additionally, this position:
- Works with the Knowledge Strategy team on practice area document automation projects using Contract Express.
- Meets with support departments to understand their document automation needs and develops plans and builds solutions using Contract Express.
- Provides support for users who are creating their own automated legal templates.
- Translates project requirements and Word templates to the automation platform syntax.
- Supports users with automation troubleshooting queries.
- Coordinates Records Management projects requiring the development of new technology-driven workflows.
- Meets with case teams and administrative teams to develop technology solutions to improve manual tasks.
- Assists with the coordination of the Firm-wide Records Management operations.
- Prepares analyses of processes, systems and applications, and provides recommendations for improving them.
- Assists with complex tracking and data analysis projects.
- Handles advanced, complex projects.
- Maintains the integrity of matter files.
- Assists with testing new applications and versions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, attorneys and staff.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough working knowledge of document automation software (e.g., Contract Express, Hot Docs, etc.)
- Thorough working knowledge of DOCS Open, Outlook, MS Word
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of SQL databases and queries
- Ability to fluently navigate various electronic databases and document management systems
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and shifting priorities
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to travel as required
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of related legal work experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.