The Legal Technology Department is looking for a creative and motivated .Net Software Engineer to assist in designing and developing desktop and web-based applications using C#, WPF, ASP.NET, HTML5 and Angular. The Software Engineer will participate in all aspects of the product development life cycle and help design intuitive and engaging applications that are used by internal and external clients. The ideal candidate should have a passion for coding and learning new technologies while working in a small and collaborative environment.
- Meets with team members and end-users to establish application requirements.
- Prepares analysis of processes and requirements.
- Consults with team members regarding design and implementation of application.
- Creates databases and application interfaces based on analysis of requirements within established guidelines.
- Writes high performance code using established coding standards.
- Implements security access on applications.
- Develops unit tests to test code implementation.
- Develops application testing plans and assist with the testing process, including contention with existing desktop applications.
- Instructs Legal Technology Trainers in use and training of the software.
- Assists with integration strategies between applications.
- Researches latest technology trends.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Experience in developing applications using C#, WPF/MVVM, ASP.NET/MVC, HTML5, Angular, Bootstrap
- Ability to design SQL database objects for SQL Server 2012/2016, writing stored procedures and user defined functions
- Thorough working knowledge of PCs, networks and web technology
- Strong problem solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of two years of software development work experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.