We are seeking a talented and energetic software engineer to join our highly skilled and forward-thinking development team. Take part in all aspects of the product development life cycle from design to delivery. Produce high performance web-based and software applications that provide outstanding user experience and are written in Single Page Java script frameworks such as Angular, ASP.NET Core, C#, and windows development with WPF.
- Create and add features to existing WPF applications using C#.
- Develop custom Web API's.
- Create databases and application interfaces based on analysis of requirements within established guidelines.
- Meet with team members and end-users to establish application requirements.
- Assist with integration strategies between applications.
- Prepare analysis of processes and requirements.
- Contribute to documenting user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Consult with team members regarding design and implementation of application.
- Write high performance code using recommended coding standards.
- Develop unit tests to test code implementation.
- Research latest technology trends.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with developing Web API
- Ability to design SQL database objects for SQL Server 2016, writing stored procedures and user defined functions
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Azure Dev Ops Server for ALM, Jira, Confluence
- Strong problem solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of software development work experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.