The Technical Solutions Analyst will join a dynamic Software Development team that is focused on leveraging the latest technical frameworks to develop high quality software. The person in this role will assist with defining strategies for technical implementations and determine requirements based on the analysis of business needs. They will also document all requirements and participate in design, development and implementation of enterprise wide applications.
- Works with stake holders to analyze their business requirements and determine how best to fulfill those needs.
- Combine knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built and used to create a functional design.
- Analyze and Organize requirements into related categories to effectively manage and communicate them.
- Document requirements using Azure Dev Ops Server, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio.
- Create business requirements documents, user stories and use cases to support application development requests.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop project requirement timelines so that they can be incorporated into the overall Project Plan.
- Ensure the business user, developer and tester have a common understanding of what is being developed.
- Verify the completed application meets all specifications.
- Act as the liaison between software developers and quality assurance team.
- Work with QA team and contribute to smoke testing, functional, regression, system and integration testing.
- Assist with the development of End-User documentation.
- Provide technical end-user training to Attorneys and Support Staff.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of business modeling techniques that help convey consistent detailed requirements to software developers, testers and project managers
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies and the software development life cycle
- Strong problem solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new software applications
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent oral, written communication and group presentation skills
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.