Skadden is looking for a Planning & Analysis Analyst to assist in all areas of business reporting and analysis, with a focus on annual budget preparation, quarterly forecasting and monthly monitoring and analysis. This position:
- Participates in the monthly reporting process, makes recommendations and handles the implementation of process improvements.
- Investigates variances and provides support to local department managers and budgeters across the Firm.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the data that is provided, understands where the data came from and determines the accuracy of the information.
- Provides consulting, project management, training and support across the Firm in all areas of budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and financial report design, creation and distribution.
- Performs a variety of ad-hoc financial analysis across the Firm, as directed by the department Manager and Supervisor.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Develop and implement process improvement in reporting and budget activities and improve financial reporting accuracy.
- Continuous maintenance of Firm budget business rules in Oracle.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of Finance and Accounting (Budgeting/Accounting/Systems) fields
- Knowledge of Oracle-Hyperion Smartview/Essbase and Financial Reporting Studio
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g. Oracle-Hyperion, MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Aderant), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.