Planning & Analysis Analyst
Interested in joining a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting the firm and each other? Skadden – known for approaching our clients' most complex matters with innovative and creative thinking – is hiring a Planning & Analysis Analyst to join our firm in New York. In this role, you will Assist in all areas of business reporting and analysis, with a focus on annual budget preparation, quarterly forecasting and monthly monitoring and analysis.
- Investigates and documents variances and provides support to local department managers and budgeters across the Firm.
- Works on the annual budget process with a focus on identifying trends and making recommendations to resolve budget challenges In various office and departments across the Firm.
- Participates in the monthly reporting process, makes recommendations and handles the implementation of process improvements.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the data that is provided, understands where the data came from and determines the accuracy of the information.
- Provides consulting, project management, training and support across the Firm in all areas of budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and financial report design, creation and distribution.
- Updates and refreshes shared data sources and files used to provide quick financial metrics
- Performs a variety of ad-hoc financial analysis across the Firm, as directed by the department Manager.
- Develops and implement process improvement in reporting and budget activities and improve financial reporting accuracy.
- Continuous maintenance of Firm budget business rules in Oracle
- Supports IT in testing and implementing financial system upgrades
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of Finance and Accounting (Budgeting/Accounting/Systems) fields
- Knowledge of Oracle Smartview and Financial Reporting Studio
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g. Oracle, Aderant, MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of related experience
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $95,000 to $105,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. Relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients’ legal issues. We are known for handling the most complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients and each other. Our attorneys and professional staff, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, work together seamlessly across 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Culture & Life at Skadden
We are proud to have built a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting each other. We invest substantial time and effort in hiring and training our teams and recognize that capable and committed people are a valuable asset to the firm. Our goal at Skadden is for everyone to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning & professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.
Skadden EEO and Affirmative Action Policy
Applicants Have Rights Under Federal Employment Law
In accordance with the Transparency in Coverage Rule, click here to review machine-readable files made available by UnitedHealthcare.