Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Business Proposals Manager to join our Firm. This position will be based in our New York office and has a hybrid in-office/remote working schedule.
- Works in a hands-on capacity on complex pitches and RFPs; writes and edits cover letters and other copy for pitches and proposals, as determined by the Assistant Director.
- Crafts new materials based on the Firm's business needs and client/prospect requests.
- With Assistant Director, provides guidance to U.S.-based pitch team at outset of each pitch/RFP, identifying best approach to first draft and offering insights into client/prospect, precedent materials, process, among other topics.
- With Assistant Director, reviews final draft of pitches/RFPs, cover letters, etc., before being sent outside of regional department, ensuring department/Firm standards are met/exceeded.
- Develops and maintains tailored, creative pitch templates for optimal content presentation.
- Oversees maintenance/updating of shared knowledge resources (i.e., RFP Language Collection, InterAction Pitch Tracker) for the Global Pitch Team.
- Performs necessary company and industry research in connection with new business pitches.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of crafting compelling new business pitches, proposals and/or responses to RFPs, as well as industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software (InDesign and InterAction) and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to details
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated experience with leading and supervising others
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities, organizing and prioritizing work and delegating effectively
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality, use discretion, and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of eight to ten years related experience in a law firm environment
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $205,000 to $220,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.