Skadden is seeking a Project Manager, Business Proposals to join the Firm. This position is the go-to person for partners and senior department staff in connection with the writing and production of proposals, presentations, responses to RFPs and other pitch materials. This position is responsible for managing complex pitches and RFPs as well as certain administrative functions of the pitch team. Additionally;
- Drafts and produces complex new business pitches, proposals and responses to RFPs and manages the process from start to finish.
- Handles special projects, such as creating practice-specific pitch templates and other materials.
- Serves as a mentor for junior members of the pitch team.
- Manages administrative functions of the pitch team, including maintaining the weekend on-call schedule, InterAction, practice-specific pitch templates and library of RFP documents.
- Researches relevant Firm and partner experience when required.
- Coordinates with other department members, including Firm experience, editorial, PR and design specialists, to produce a variety of products in connection with the business development efforts of individual partners, practices and teams of attorneys.
- Liaises with other internal support departments (such as Client Accounting, Business Development, Technology and Finance) to obtain client relationship data and other information for new business proposals and presentations.
- Combines and leverages internal and external research/knowledge to develop new business presentations and other products.
- Maximizes utilization of the Firm's technology to prepare and deliver products; and coordinates optimal storage, maintenance and sharing of work product.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of marketing and business development’s role within a law firm
- Knowledge of legal practice areas within the context of a large corporate law firm, and Skadden’s areas of focus/expertise, in particular
- Strong writing/editorial and research skills
- Ability to synthesize data and accurately capture it in a narrative
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Solid strategic thinking and problem-solving capability, coupled with excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong intuitive skills, and the ability to translate experience and lessons from one project to the next
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment, as well as independently and effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to work directly with partners under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Experience utilizing technology, including website, intranet, extranets, databases, knowledge management tools and presentation software
- Experience working with InDesign is a plus
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Eight plus years of relevant marketing/business development experience in a professional services firm environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.