Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Real Estate Analyst to join our Firm. This position will be based in our New York office and has a hybrid in-office/remote working schedule.
As the Real Estate Analyst you will:
- Conduct financial analysis for the firm’s real estate portfolio and transactions.
- Evaluate lease agreements, rent escalations, and other financial aspects of real estate transactions.
- Prepare and distribute annual Real Estate Occupancy Budget.
- Prepare annual Capital Projects Budget.
- Monitor and report on occupancy rates, space utilization, and other portfolio metrics.
- Provide support for department activities including payment processing, lease negotiations, renewals, vendor agreements, project planning, and evaluation of space utilization strategies.
- Analyze lease agreements, sublease income, and operating expenses to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all real estate leases and projects in lease administration system and ensure data integrity and consistency therein.
- Assess the necessity of conducting a lease audit and subsequently manage the audit process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including legal, finance, and facilities.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests related to real estate data.
- Responsible for the firm’s Property Insurance renewal process.
- Track and monitor all Landlord/Subtenant lease obligations to ensure such obligations are performed well before deadlines set forth in the lease.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and initiatives related to corporate real estate.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years’ related experience in corporate real estate finance and lease administration
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $90,000 to $100,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community, and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity, and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the Firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the Firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.