Skadden is looking for a Reporting and Configurations Analyst. This position will be responsible for supporting the HRIS Manager with the overall technical functionality of the Benefits’ Department applications and configurations, with major emphasis on the Workday application including but not limited to advanced report writing and associated quantitative analysis, data quality assurance and the development/analysis of statistics to transform the data in consumable and actionable insights. This position serves as a subject matter expert on Workday Benefits capabilities and works independently and collaboratively seeking to deliver meaningful data and dashboards from the end-user perspective. This role will also provide broad technical and project support to the Benefits Department. Additionally this position;
- Ensures data privacy, security and integrity of data in all HRIS applications.
- Provides technical support to the Workday Benefits function, focusing on implementations and administration of Benefits processes throughout the year as well as during scheduled Open Enrollments.
- Provides technical support on Business Processes with Benefits impact, upgrade testing, and developing methods to automate and streamline processes.
- Oversees data management, development of reporting for auditing functions, and enhancing reporting capabilities to deliver recurring, ad hoc and self-service reports for all benefit related functions.
- Partner with Benefits Department team in designing reports and dashboards.
- Plans, designs and executes routine and ad-hoc reporting, auditing, and special projects.
- Plans, designs, and delivers ad-hoc analyses and analytical projects that answer key benefits-related questions using Workday reporting resources.
- Analyzes large data sets to identify issues or trends and shares findings with management.
- Develops and proposes creative solutions when issues arise, and works with management and the HRIS team and business partners to identify issues and implement solutions.
- Performs mass data uploads using Workday EIBs’s.
- Responsible for all benefits related configurations.
- Serves as dedicated support for Workday implementation, including creating documentation, answering complex questions and training users.
- Responsible for all aspects of ACA compliance, including but not limited to 1095 reporting, affordability testing, lookbacks, standard measurement period analysis, and all associated data entry,
- Creates, calculates, processes and reconciles various insurance premium and headcount reports.
- Responsible for sending eligibility files, researching and responding to vendor discrepancy reports, and running and analyzing the associated audit reports.
- Performs ad-hoc projects assigned by the HRIS Manager including, but not limited to development of new Benefit set-ups in our HRIS applications.
- Interacts with outside vendors on the functioning of all Benefits Department applications and integrations.
- Responsible for the adherence to strict file transfer protocols with each vendor in accordance with Firm policy and assists in maintaining related index of vendors and methods of communication.
- Audits and maintains current and historical data.
- Participates in planning, validation and testing business processes in Workday and testing of service updates and new releases from Workday.
- Participates in the testing and implementation of new Benefits Department HRIS initiatives.
- Works closely with IT department resources in coordinating and testing enhancements to Workday.
- Identifies Benefits process needs, and works with IT to define requirements to address these needs.
- Analyzes existing Benefits processes and proposes and implements improvements where needed.
- Collaborates and assists on short- and long-term HRIS projects.
- Daily troubleshooting of Workday issues and making updates to configuration to continually improve system.
- Collaborates with the HRIS counterparts in other departments ensure best practices in existing Business Processes and develops methods to improve and streamline processes.
- Provides support to Benefits Department users of all HRIS applications.
- Logs technical/functional issues and follows up with the HRIS Manager and/or the Sr. HRIS Analyst on the status.
- Creates, edits and maintains appropriate documentation on systems and procedures.
- Collaborates with the HRIS Manager and the HRIS Project Manager with the overall configuration and system functionality of the annual open enrollment process for the Firm.
- Administers Workday security in accordance with Firm Policies.
- Assists in departmental mailing and filing projects.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High proficiency in MS Excel (with extensive experience in and knowledge of formulas and functions, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, pivot tables and charts, If statements, etc.), HRIS applications, multiple types of reporting tools, and other Human Resources and Benefits software
- Strong skills in data mining, manipulation, and analysis
- Strong experience with Workday CCBs as well as custom integrations
- Knowledge of Workday Security Administration
- Strong understanding of payroll functions specifically related to their interaction with benefits
- Knowledge of Firm operations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of benefits administrative procedures and applicable laws
- Experience with Workday Dashboards
- Strong math/analytical aptitude
- Ability to leverage Workday Community for guidance and recommendations on new initiatives, functionality, trouble shooting, reporting, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and take direction from senior departmental staff
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and make recommendations on appropriate solutions
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs especially during the annual open enrollment season and system upgrades
- Bachelor's degree
- Five plus years of benefits HRIS experience with two plus years of Workday experience required
- Two plus years preferred of extensive experience with Workday Advanced report writing and Dashboards, including, but not limited to, complex calculated fields and using multiple data sources, with a strong knowledge and understanding of the specific reporting requirements for Benefits Administration
- One plus years of experience with Workday integrations
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.