We are in search of a Part Time Security Officer to provide safety and security for the Firm personnel, clients, and property during weekend hours.
- Patrols and conducts inspection of the office space; identifies and corrects any security or fire hazards; locks unlocked and unoccupied offices; opens doors at proper times based on operating schedule and ensures that receptionists secure premises at closing.
- Screens, admits, and directs clients, employees and visitors entering the workspace.
- Monitors closed-circuit television and fire-door alarms, responds to fire alarm as needed.
- Unlocks freight doors and office doors for Firm personnel; records all admissions into offices or secured areas.
- Monitors use of identification-card readers.
- Escorts terminated employees from Firm premises upon request from Human Resources.
- Documents any unusual situations including accidents, illnesses, criminal activity, and equipment malfunction and forwards the reports to the Security Manager.
- Engages in special investigations involving misplaced/lost articles within the Firm.
- Reports all unusual occurrences or conditions and any incidence of visitor or employee actions, which could result in injury or loss to the Firm or employees to Director and, if appropriate, to police authorities.
- Responds quickly to any medical or criminal emergencies; performs emergency first aid as needed; telephones police or emergency medical teams as needed.
- Transports petty cash from bank to office; receives withdrawal checks from Petty Cash.
- Issues petty cash to partners and employees during off hours.
- Takes and records car reservations during off hours.
- Monitors car service dispatch screen and liaises with car vendors to address issues during off hours.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- New York State Security Act certification required
- Ability to obtain job related certification including defibrillator training and CPR
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Ability to stand or sit at work station, and ability to walk, for extended periods of time
- Ability to exert moderate to high physical energy to ensure quick response to medical or criminal emergencies
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., SummitLink, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.