This position coordinates client-specific educational programs, researches and supports external speaking engagements, and assists with the production of educational programs and events for clients and alumni.
- Coordinates tailored, client-specific programs. Handles logistics, marketing and follow up.
- Researches and supports external speaking engagements; liaises with external conference provider. Coordinates review of presentation deck and other materials with editorial team as needed.
- Manages data in External Conferences Tracker.
- Supports senior specialists with production of webinars and in-person seminars.
- Oversees special events, including client/closing dinners, receptions and virtual social gatherings. Researches venues, handles contract review, billing and staffing.
- Provides support across event management tasks where needed, including registration, RSVP updates, preparing materials, administering CLE credit and providing on-site staffing.
- Assists with aggregating data for reporting purposes.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Knowledge of dynamic databases (i.e. Interaction)
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years related experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.