The Senior Coordinate collects, inputs and maintains Skadden’s litigation matters and related data in the Global Marketing & Communications Department’s experience database (Foundation). This position serves as one of the primary Marketing contacts for litigation experience requests and researches litigation matters for new business opportunities, RFPs, submissions and surveys. This role is responsible for identifying litigation matter tracking best practices and provides training on Foundation globally.
- Oversees upkeep and maintenance of Marketing experience database.
- Tracks Firm involvement in matters through use of internal and external (press) resources.
- Coordinates Firm-wide league table submission and related analysis.
- Provides targeted experience for proposals and presentations (research support).
- Trains global Marketing team members on Foundation.
- Identifies best practices for utilizing Foundation to identify relevant litigation experience.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent database skills (mining, entry, maintenance)
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and easily shift priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of four years related experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.