Skadden is currently looking for a Senior Docket Clerk. This position will oversee and maintain the Managing Law Clerk's utilization of E-Dockets, the on-line Docketing System. The Senior Docket Clerk is responsible for the following:
- Dockets and calendars documents through E-Dockets Docketing Program.
- Serves as liaison to E-Docket Technical Support Department in troubleshooting systems problems with the processing of their data.
- Searches for, retrieves and provides docket sheets as requested by attorneys, legal assistants and support staff.
- Obtains copies of decisions/orders rendered by court through on line Federal and State Research Programs.
- Prepares daily litigation calendar, as well as the Firm's bi-weekly calendar.
- Trains law clerks and other MLC personnel to perform docketing/calendar procedures through the use of the department E-Dockets program.
- Responsible for daily back-up and restoration of the E-Dockets Docketing Program.
- Responsible for electronic filing of documents with courts that are on line.
- Performs duties of Law Clerk and serves as a back-up to the Managing Law Clerk as needed.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of MS Office, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Working knowledge of E-Dockets
- Working knowledge of the Internet
- Working knowledge of PACER systems
- Knowledge of Electronic Filing
- Knowledge of Federal and State rules on service of process, court rules, procedures and personnel
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.