Skadden is looking for a Senior Docket Clerk. This position is responsible for maintaining the docket and court calendar and other related duties as assigned.
- Dockets and calendars documents through the eDockets Docketing Program.
- Serves as liaison to the eDockets Technical Support Department in troubleshooting systems problems with the processing of their data.
- Searches for, retrieves, and provides docket sheets as requested by attorneys, legal assistants, and support staff.
- Obtains copies of decisions/orders rendered by court through on line Federal and State Research Programs.
- Prepares daily litigation calendar, as well as the Firm's bi-weekly calendar.
- Trains law clerks and other MLC personnel to perform docketing/calendar procedures through the use of the department eDockets program.
- Responsible for electronic filing of documents with courts that are on line.
- Performs duties of Law Clerk and serves as a back-up to the Docketing Supervisor as needed.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Experience working with eDockets, PACER systems, the Internet, and Electronic Filing
- Knowledge of Federal and State rules on service of process, court rules, procedures and personnel
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years docketing experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.