Skadden is looking for a Senior E-Filing Clerk to handle a high volume of complex electronic legal filings in the State and Federal courts including pleadings, subpoenas, motions, judgments and orders. This position:
- Handles a high volume of complex electronic legal filings in the State and Federal courts including pleadings, subpoenas, motions, judgments and orders.
- Obtains copies of decisions/orders rendered by court, in court and on-line through States and Federal Research Programs.
- Oversees other e-filers filing of complex electronic files.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience working in legal environment or court system preferred
- Knowledge MS Office, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of all local rules including but not limited to: the CPLR, FCRP, FRAP, NYS Commercial Division of Rules, Local rules for SDNY and EDNY
- Experience with electronic filings in Federal Court and with the Commercial Division of the Supreme Court
- Experience with PACER usage and retrieval
- Knowledge of E-law, the state court records access program
- Ability to obtain job related certification including driver's license and notary public.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Ability to sit or stand at work station for extended periods of time
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.