Skadden is looking for a Senior Human Resources Generalist. This position will performs cross-functional Human Resources assignments such as Employee Relations, Training and Development, HRIS, FMLA/Benefits Administration, Accommodations, Policy Administration, and Recruitment. The Senior Human Resources Generalist will provide assistance with data analysis, employee policies and special projects, and serve as a resource to all firm personnel by responding to inquiries regarding Human Resources programs and/or firm policies and procedures.
- Participates in the recruitment and on-boarding process of Professional Staff employees, including collaborating with hiring managers to develop diverse recruitment strategies, utilizing various sources to market and advertise position vacancies; screening resumes, conducting interviews, and referring qualified applicants to the appropriate supervisor and/or manager.
- Manages various intern programs throughout the year. Includes partnering with non-profit organizations and local schools, as well as creating and leading events.
- Ensures recruitment efforts are in compliance with OFCCP regulations and are consistent with a government contractor status.
- Conducts market research and internal and external pay analysis.
- Handles Employee Relations issues, including coaching, counseling, documentation and administering disciplinary action and terminations.
- Participates in internal investigations.
- Participates in the training and development provided to staff, including meeting with facilitators, customizing training content, auditing classes, maintaining the Skadden University website, and collecting feedback.
- Coordinates and schedules training and development, including Skadden University, New Hire Orientation, and 6-Month orientation programs for Professional Staff.
- Maintains training and development information in the NYC training calendar and processes reports as needed.
- Administers FMLA, including meeting with employees, maintaining files, tracking leave related to intermittent FMLA, unpaid leave and disability leave, and coordinating FMLA recertification.
- Processes status changes in HRIS system related to disability, FMLA and unpaid leave and provides supporting documentation.
- Facilitates the accommodation process in accordance with the ADA. Maintains accommodation files and documentation.
- Assist with policy administration, including creating, updating, and interpreting policies for Professional Staff.
- Participates in the annual update to all Firm policies and the annual acknowledgement process.
- Participates in annual audits of job descriptions, internal processes and documentation; ensures accuracy of responsibilities, consistency and compliance with FLSA requirements.
- Participates in the Professional Staff annual performance review process, monthly reviews and progress reports.
- Participates in the implementation and coordination of department projects, including identifying resources, overseeing progress of ongoing projects and communicating closely with management regarding progress of projects.
- Assists with HR Well-Being initiatives.
- Provides general HR support and guidance to all domestic and international offices.
- Seeks to enhance knowledge of Human Resources procedures and processes.
- Current knowledge of Human Resources practices, techniques and business trends
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor and regulatory requirements
- Broad and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and an understanding of employee database applications
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Takes initiative and responsibility when dealing with departmental issues
- Ability to work and advance skills independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of ten years of related Human Resources experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.